Sensory tips

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Sleep time

Sleep time has to be the most difficult time for any parent but with our little ones it can be extra hard. Children with Autism don't need alot of sleep a half hour nap can have them playing till late in the nights.

My son has got used to a sleep bedtime but it takes up to 2 hours to get him to sleep which makes me so exhausted I'm usually asleep not long after him. 

His OT has given us a trial of using a weighted blanket and I can not stop talking it up. I thought it was going to be a huge battle with him letting me put it on him, but we got a finding nemo cover and he was so happy he wanted to take it everywhere to bed, the car the shops you name it and that blanket was coming with us.

This was a big deal for me as before the weighted blanket he would have to use melatonin to get to sleep but it would where off and he would be ul 3 hours later, so it really didn't help in my situation.

It still takes the 2 hours to get him to bed but with the blanket bedtime is alot calmer.

Anyone with any other great bedtime tips feel free to share ♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment